Over a dozen national and state victim’s rights groups and children’s rights groups have filed in support of the Petition for Certiorari in the U.S. Supreme Court case of M.A. v. Padilla, No. 15-1049. Jack Wilenchik of Wilenchik & Bartness, P.C. filed the Petition on behalf of a child victim whose accused molester announced that he wants to personally cross-examine her and other child victims in court.
The groups filing in support of the Petition include:
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- Child Justice, Inc.
- Children’s Advocacy Institute (CAI)
- Children’s Justice Fund
- Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project (DV LEAP)
- Foundation to Abolish Child Sex Abuse, Inc.
- First Star Institute (“FSI”)
- Lauren’s Kids
- Massachusetts Citizens for Children
- National District Attorneys Association
- Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse, Inc.
- Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests
- Vertigo Charitable Foundation, LLC
- National Crime Victim Law Institute
- Arizona Voice for Crime Victims
- Defenders of Children in Arizona